Saturday, April 7, 2007

Knitting


John's been encouraging me to post something. It's been a struggle. With the computer dying and going to the shop, then a power outage for 26 hours with our last storm and the usual challenge of getting us both in the same room at the same time in order to learn about blogging!!!

Here goes...

I've spent my early mornings watching the 6:30 local news and knitting. I usually get some free time to knit while the kids are at rehearsals for their upcoming play, Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor. And on occasion I still drive over to New Durham to check in with the ladies of knitting club. This winter's projects have been little tiny mittens for ornaments, a cotton baby blanket for my sister's adorable newborn baby Hannah, and a very large lace shawl.




I have very much enjoyed knitting lace and I'm working on a tiny shawl to use up the extra yarn. The project I've shared here was knit with a 70% Alpaca 30% Silk yarn and it is very soft. I'm off and running again now, but hope to post again this weekend about our "4 legged family members". John tells me that Mike N. in Kuwait was asking about them. (the border collie I assume) and Lyn M. in the Berkshire's was asking about that too...(the horse I know!) So I'll do my best.

2 comments:

Lyn M said...

I loved seeing the photos of your beautiful lace work. What a masterpiece! I will be looking for the "4 legged family member's photos" to be posted.
You answered my curiosity about the snow storm in your area. Sounds like you should be thinking about a generator??
Thanks for sharing...........
Lyn M.

~Rachel said...

Lyn,

You are right! and generators are a wonderful thing! John pulled out the generator to hook it up to the Gen-tran system for the first time and found that the plugs didn't match! So, a trip to the local hardware store, $30 and a bit of splicing later and we had water, heat, a fridge & stove. No lights and no extras. It was a nice time. We played the Lord of the Rings Monopoly, sat around the fireplace and enjoyed the quiet. Good memories.
Rachel