Wednesday, February 27, 2013

January

Another snow shoe trek out back.  This time with the youngest boy.  He got new snowshoes last year and we didn't have much snow to try them out on.  His keen eyes noticed this little wintergreen plant (or Checkerberry as I knew it from growing up).  He loved how it was still looking mighty alive amid all the snow and nestled in it's old stump home.

We went quite a long way into the woods so that I could show him where the deer travel during the winter.  We saw their tracks and moose too, before heading back.  Most of the animals closer to home are rabbits, fox, otter, beaver, porcupine and lots of coyote and turkey.

This was a photo I snapped of the parking lot at Wells Beach with my truck and trailer and Monica's rig too.  Not sure why I took this but as it turned out...it was the last trip in my trailer.  I found a new one and said goodbye to that trusty CM Circuit Champ.  It served me well in the 12+ years that I've owned it.  I bought it used and it goes on to another owner from my town who will enjoy it for some time to come I imagine.  

Here is a not so great shot of the new trailer on the night we brought it home.  Right after getting it home we went into a stretch of bitter cold weather.  Wind chills well into the negative numbers day after day.  So I didn't get to play with my new toy at all for the first 2 weeks anyhow.  

Here is a snap of Monica and Ember out on the beach.  The riding that day was fast.  Her morgan is a runner for sure!  

Another friend of ours, Kathy, came down to say hi and snapped a couple of photos with her iPad.  Thanks for the photo Kathy!  I love the reflection she got in this photo.  It was a wonderful "January thaw" beach day.

No comments: