Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Winter

It was a very snowy and icy winter this year.  On some device in our house we have video of the kids sliding around on the ice and I really need to find that to add to the blog.  It shows what we mean by "ice".  Like, it takes poles to walk across the yard ice.  Ice boots so the horse can stand up ice.  It was amazing.  It happened too often.

I had this to greet me more mornings than I remember.  Time to start plowing.  Again.

We did enjoy the view from inside.  A flock of turkeys did hang around all winter long.  They'd come for the feed that fell to the ground under our songbird feeders.

The snow finally piled up so much that I gave up all hope of trailering out for riding.  I only made it to the indoor a couple of times and only to the beach once.

I think he wished he could hibernate.

But all this snow makes for wonderful sleigh rides.  We volunteered over at the NH Farm Museum on their Maple Sugaring event
There is my groom--in the tee shirt.  I'm sure it wasn't tee shirt weather, but after so many negative degree days, windy days and snowy days--it felt like it to this guy!

I love the turkeys just hunkering down during a storm.  At times they were simply white bumps under the snow.  It was a long winter!

No comments: